At Giant Oak, we see data differently. We look behind the numbers to see individuals and communities. We seek to observe and describe the world; and we take advantage of data generation, storage, aggregation, and visualization technologies. We apply social science to big data environments to identify illicit actions, actors and networks. Our goal is to do our part to make the world a better, freer, and more secure place.
Giant Oak seeks motivated and talented software engineers with a passion for exploring the frontiers of national security challenges ranging from financial fraud to human trafficking to terrorism. This position will work closely with a dedicated group of social scientists, data scientists, engineers, technologists, and domain experts on implementing a high-performance technology stack. Candidates should be highly motivated and have a proven aptitude for engineering quality software solutions.
- Develop and integrate applications using modern, open-source technology stacks, with a focus on back-end infrastructure
- Design and build data pipelines, data stores, and analytical environments
- Work with end-users, product owners, other developers, and domain experts to develop solutions in a fast-paced, agile, and highly collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with cloud architectures, e.g., AWS (preferred), Azure
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with open source, big data implementations on Hadoop
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with relational databases, e.g., PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience with either Java or Python, both is desired
- Experience in both Linux/Windows environments
- Experience building ETL systems, data pipelines and analytical data warehouse solutions
- Technical project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Due to the nature of our work, U.S. Citizenship is required as is the ability to gain and maintain a TS/SCI U.S. security clearance.
- Experience in systems administration (Sys Admin)
- Experience with development operations (Dev Ops)
- Experience implementing systems designed for large-scale analytics
- Experience in user interface/user experience (UI/UX) design
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Giant Oak, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.