Software Engineer-Financial/Energy Markets
At Giant Oak, we see data differently. We look behind the numbers to see individuals and communities. We seek to observe and describe the world; and we take advantage of data generation, storage, aggregation, and visualization technologies. We apply social science to big data environments to identify illicit actions, actors and networks. Our goal is to do our part to make the world a better, freer, and more secure place.
Giant Oak seeks a full time software engineer with a passion for exploring innovative approaches to preventing fraud and addressing national security challenges. Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency developing operational tools. Ideal candidates will have the competencies listed below.
Capability in most of the following areas:
- Deep experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- Proven competence at large-scale data manipulation, analysis, and visualization
- Experience with cleansing, verifying, and validating data
- Ability to work independently and on small teams and to communicate effectively with non-technical analysts
- Experience with AWS/Azure/Google or other cloud environment as well as Linux
- Experience working with data from financial markets
- Experience with large scale databases, SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Docker
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent work experience
- Good communication skills, especially telling simple stories from lots of messy data
- 3+ years of experience in at least one programming language
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. Upon request, candidates should be prepared to submit references, as well as writing and code samples. The final candidate will be required to complete a background check.
Job location is primarily onsite with client in Washington, DC.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Giant Oak, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.